1) Rescue squads sought for survivors in Bangladesh and eastern India on Thursday, a very next day after the most herculean cyclone in over 10 years destructed coastal villages, left large tracts of land underwater and tore down power lines. 2) The cyclone debilitated after banging ashore on Wednesday evening amid massive deportations. Representatives warn that repair work and relief will be made much harder by the pandemic coronavirus scare as it has already depleted the health sectors.
3) Thousands of villagers were deluged by a massive gush throughout the coastal region, disaster-response authorities stated. 4) The Cyclone Amphan is equal to 3 hurricanes with a packed wind of up to 170 kilometers per hour along with a maximum surge of 190 kilometers per hour when it reaches the shore.
5) Tagged as a super cyclone, Amphan has worsened since making landfall. Moving to the coastline of Bangladesh. It was expected to abate into depression later. 6) Howrah’s school building roof flew off due to the wind.
7) The river water overflowing from their bank and most of the coconut trees were struck by lightning.
8) People assembled at a cyclone protection center before the attack of Cyclone Amphan in Satkhira District, Bangladesh. 9) Local people of Gabura, Satkhira district, Bangladesh trying to implement a causeway before the landfall of Cyclone Amphan.
10) Police officers carrying an old man to the protection center, making him a way to protect him before the landfall of Cyclone Amphan in Kolkata. 11) In Baleshwar District of Odisha, fishermen tying their boat to the shore before the landfall Cyclone Amphan.
12) After a heavy wind caused by Cyclone Amphan and resulted the tree branches fell on the truck as the helpers are cutting down its way in Kolkata. 13) People get alert and making their way to a safer zone before the landfall of Cyclone Amphan in Gabura, Satkhira district, Bangladesh.
14) In Kolkata, police officers block the flyover with a barricade before the cyclone Amphan makes it landfall. 15) A man recovering his belonging from his damaged shop after cyclone Amphan made its landfall in South 24 Parganas district, West Bengal.
16) It is clearly seen that a bus is damaged by a tree fallen on it due to Cyclone Amphan in Kolkata.
17) Men rescue their items from their damaged shop in South Parganas district, West Bengal after Cyclone Amphan made it landfall.